Thursday, March 25, 2010

Poor Noah.....


While on the bus taking us out to our plane going to Phu Quoc, the bus jolted to a stop. A woman's bag loaded with book slid into Noah's ankle. The scream was ugly......although deserved. A few layers of skin was removed, some blood, and instant bruising and swelling. I lifted him up, ran up the stairs in front of everybody onto the plane to get water and ice.......well, who knew we had to wait for help until the entire plane borded. The screams and crying continued, I was certain the ankle was broken. Finally the ice arrived when everybody had borded and was seated. The big bandage was a hit, the ankle not broken, and all is well in Noah's world again, here at the beach in Phu Quoc. Did I mention we are on the beach in a thatched hurt? Mosquito netting around our beds.......of course!




8 comments:

  1. Oh no! Poor Noah! I hope he's doing OK today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent pictures Sandy!! Tell Noah that Auntie Laurie hopes his boo boo gets better!! Poor little muffin!! Give him a HUGE hug for me!! Looks like you guys are having a blast. Miss you tons. Can't wait to hear all the the great details.......Kisses, hugs to you Noah and Jesse!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi all! Love from California. The pictures are great except for Noah's. We trust that he's feeling
    better OUCH !!!!!!It lookes as though everyone is having a great experience. All is well here.Lauren
    received a job offer today from Scholastic Co. It would mean that she would relocate to Boston Ma.So
    much to consider. I'll keep you up to date on her decision. Keep up the great work you're doing .
    We miss you all.LOVE KISSES AND HUGS.Marcia Jerry
    Allyson lauren

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy, this is Mom (sitting with Susie): I hope Noah's foot is better. I'm glad you're having a wonderful time and I'll see you in another week.

    Love you,

    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. ouch for Noah. Hope his ankle heals quickly. Tell him I can empathize. I was walking around with an ice bag on my face and lip all afternoon. The handyman pushed the sliding screen door into my face showing me how well it worked after he adjusted and lubricated it. I look like the loser in a bad bar room fight.

    Keep enjoying your trip!

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Noah, Jesse and Ema!

    Just trying to post another way to see if it works - none of my posts have been going through for some reason. Great to hear the kids voices last night - Thanks! Now get off the beach and get to work AE2010 team from CT!!! Be Safe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope Noah's ankle is better! Pics are great and love the blog. Have a great time. Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandy, you're such a "supermom"! You and the kids look great. You're always on an adventure...oh the memories !!! Love your blog and pictures. Give the kids a hug from California. love, BBQ

    ReplyDelete